The special education faculty of Callaghan College Jesmond Senior Campus (CCJSC) enhances educational outcomes for students with an identified disability, learning difficulty, and/or medical condition that impact a student’s ability to access the full range of educational opportunities at CCJSC. The faculty supports students to achieve a Higher School Certificate (HSC) through regular, Life Skills and/or TVET/ SVET courses.
Courses may be studied in regular classes, discrete life skills classes, in a support unit, and at TAFE or a combination to suit the individual needs of the student.
Celebrating student success and achievement are paramount to CCJSC. Student achievement is recognised through:
- faculty awards
- Principal’s award
- Year 12 life skills presentation and dinner
- honor roll breakfast
- IOTAS concert and graduation.
Learning through participation
Students of Callaghan College Jesmond Senior Campus have the opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- snow trip
- jelly bean cup
- workplacements (external or in school)
- newsletter (student developed)
- IOTAS swimming and sport carnival
- integration into regular and/or SVET TVET courses
- Student Representative Council (SRF)
Transition to post school
At Callaghan College Jesmond Senior Campus we work with our students and the community to ensure our students are provided with a smooth transition to life after school. Some of our programs and affiliated partners include:
- disability expo-post school service providers
- Castle Personnel
- Smith Family (Polish, itrack, Camp Connect)
- ITP – ADHC Assessment