What we offer
The counsellors at Callaghan College Jesmond Senior Campus are available to discuss any problem you are experiencing. You can self-refer by going to the counsellor office. The head teacher student services, your year advisers or other members of the learning and support team can also refer you to a counsellor.
School counselling staff are members of the school learning and support team.
A teacher may recommend the service by referring a student to the school’s learning and support team. As a parent or carer, you may refer your child directly to the school counselling service. Students can also self-refer to the service.
The school counselling service can:
- support students who are worrying about school work, friends, getting in trouble at school or feeling down
- help parents and carers make decisions about your child’s education
- assess a student’s learning and behaviour
- help teachers and students identify and address disabilities that may affect learning
- liaise with other agencies regarding student wellbeing.
School counselling is confidential.
For more information about learning and support teams and the school counselling service, visit: