Two unit board developed course (BDC)
The aim of the Dance course is for students to experience, understand and value dance as an artform through the study of the performance, composition and appreciation of dance.
This course is for students who possess some basic dance training and experience and who love performing, choreographing and composing dance works. The focus is on contemporary dance, however, experience in other styles such as ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, ballroom and cultural dance would also be of advantage. Physical training and preparation of the body is essential in this course.
Further information is available on the Dance syllabus website.
Year 11 Course
- Performance – body skills, safe dance and performance skills.
- Composition – choreography and manipulating the elements of dance.
- Appreciation – studying the history of dance and dance analysis.
- Additional – public performances eg Star Struck, Hunter Dance Festival and visiting tutors
Year 12 Course
- core – performance composition appreciation
- major study
- performance or
- composition or
- appreciation or
- dance and technology