Two Unit Board Developed Course (BDC) Category B
Retail job roles include sales assistant, retail supervisor, retail manager and visual merchandiser. Retail trade is the largest employing industry of workers aged 15–24 years, offering many their first job and equipping them with skills for the rest of their career. Retail services is delivered as a Certificate III course and requires sound literacy and numeracy skills.
This course is designed for students who wish to develop knowledge and skills to commence a career and be an effective employee in the retail services and customer service industry. Students who are assessed as competent in sufficient units of competency will be eligible for a full Certificate qualification; partial completion will lead to a Statement of Attainment.
Further information is available on the Retail services syllabus website.
- SIRXCEG001 – Engage the Customer
- SIRXCEG002 – Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 – Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRXCOM002 – Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND001 – Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXRSK001 – Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXWHS002 – Contribute to workplace health and safety.
- SIRRINV001 – Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRXSLS002 – Follow point-of-sale handling procedures
- SIRRMER001 – Produce visual merchandise displays
- SIRXPDK001 – Advise on products and services
- SIRRRTF001 – Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal
- SIRXIND002 – Organise and maintain the store environment.