Callaghan College Jesmond Senior Campus is invested in ensuring student welfare is a priority by providing learning support programs to accommodate all of our students. Our learning support team collaborates and coordinates together to develop strategies that contribute to quality learning and support practices.
Individual student needs are assessed to identify student strengths and needs, ensuring their personalised learning plan meets their requirements for learning based on evidence provided. Adjustments are made to the curriculum, instructions and the environment to provide students with the ongoing support they need to succeed throughout their education at Jesmond Campus.
Our Student Welfare team provides our students with a strong support network, working collaboratively with students, parents, carers, the community and other organisations such as Hunter New England Health to ensure student needs are prioritised.
We create a safe and supportive environment that encompasses mental, physical, social and emotional wellbeing .of our students.
Our Welfare team assists students by:
- Building productive relationships that support the students with their learning
- Personalised and differentiated learning and support is offered to every student to enable them to succeed
- Difference and diversity is recognised and respected
- Regular Parental consultations so they are able to contribute to the planning and support of their child’s learning
- Students with identified health care needs have an individualised Health Care Plan